Winter Rainbow Slaw
This is a spectacular winter salad which uses a variety of colorful winter root vegetables, savoy cabbage, kale and apple. It is my favorite salad at this time of year. Serves 1.
2 cups savoy cabbage
½ red and yellow beet, peeled
½ big parsnip, shredded
¼ watermelon radish, shredded
½ cup sunflower greens
½ apple, julienned
2 cups kale, finely chopped(optional)
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1. Shred or slice cabbage into thin strips using slicing blade on food processor, a mandolin or a knife. Add to a large serving bowl.
2. Shred the carrot, parsnip, watermelon radish and beet using the shredding blade on food processor or a hand shredder. Add to serving bowl with cabbage.
3. Julienne the apple and add to salad bowl.
4. Stem the kale, if using, and chop finely. Add to bowl.
5. Add the pumpkin seeds and mix everything with hands or with spoons. Set aside while making the dressing.
¼ cup raw almond butter
¼ cup orange juice
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
¼ tsp chili
2 tsp miso
¼ cup warm water
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until almond butter is completely incorporated.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds.