Broccoli in Cheezy Sauce
This is a delicious, cheezy sauce that is light and healthy! Superb served with warmor steamed vegetables. Serves 2.
4 cups broccoli
8 lettuce leaves or spring mix greens
16 cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
Cheezy sauce ingredients:
11/2 cup zucchini, peeled and sliced
¾ red bell pepper
2 tbsp chia, soaked in 3 tbsp water
1/3 cup hemp
¾ cup truly raw cashews
4 tsp tamari
¼ cup lemon juice
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp turmeric
1. Chop the lettuce and slice the tomatoes and place into two large plates.
2. Combine all the sauce ingredients in a blender and blend till very smooth.
3. Add 1½ cup water in a saucepan and place a steam basket. Bring to a boil. Add the broccoli and steam for 4 minutes.
4. While the broccoli is steaming transfer the sauce to a skillet and warm it up on low heat while stirring for 2 minutes.
5. When the broccoli is done remove from the steamer and place on the two salad plates.
6. Spoon the warm sauce over the broccoli. Enjoy while it’s warm.
Alternatively: replace broccoli with Brussels sprouts or cauliflower.
Note: Save the cooking water to use in soup, smoothies, dressing or plain drink.
Nutrition analysis: %RDA